Sewing MachinesMachines

Hand Stitch Sewing Machine Not Stitching

Please help me to make my new electric hand stitch sewing machine work. It did work, but now I can't make it sew stitches.

Thank you for your help.

It just doesn't work at all? What make is it? Here's a video that might help you:

https://www.you … ch?v=tUHSjqggbnQ

Thank you, Attosa, for your quick answer and the link to the Youtube videos.

I have already watched all the Youtube videos several times, but none of them gives me the help to solve my problem.

My little machine has no other name than Handy Stitch, The Hanheld Sewing Machine, and it is working electric, som I'm sorry to say, that the video from you doesn't work for me. The video is for an non-electric sewing machine, as I see. Anyway, it's another model than mine.

But I thank you for trying to help me. :-)

I'm sorry, I forgot to write, that you can see the machine on the photo below this communicating box. :-)

Do you mean your machine has an electric cord and plugs into a wall outlet? If so, I have never seen or heard of one of those but most companies/people call a battery operated machine as being electric.

These handheld machines do not get good reviews and it is rare to hear anyone say they have not had problems and then, usually, no way to fix them.
I have links below that might help you decide if it is repairable.
the first link is to Amazon to see if this is similar to your machine (they say it is electric); the second link is to an article about this type machine and the third link is to ThriftyFun questions/answers about this machine from past postings.

https://www.ama … 84/dp/B01N66S8Y7

http://www.ebay … 178758752/g.html

http://www.thri … ing-Machine.html

You're right, it's operating by batteries. But it is called electric, because it is possible to use an electric cord. My machine is like the one from Singer.

Thank you very much for the links you sent me.

I'll take a look at them one of these days.

Mette

This seems to be a common issue. Even at its best, the stitches are weak and uneven. You are better off hand sewing and getting a good deal on a sewing machine at a yard sale or estate sale.

Thank you for your answer.

Maybe you're right.
But even then - it worked well at the beginning and suddenly I couldn't get it to sew with stitches.

It starts on and it makes sewing moves and noise... but with no thread stitches at all. Very strange.

Mette

I don't have a repair suggestion but I can share my own story.

I purchased a Handy Stitch a few years ago to do some simple hemming on a Christmas present I was working on. It stopped working before I was able to finish the project, resulting in a lot of hand stitching. At the time, I looked online and saw a bunch of negative reviews so I just chucked it in the garbage. I think they are not well manufactured.

If you just purchased it, I would return it and get a working version, or maybe just get your money back. Good luck, I hope someone has an answer for you.

Thank you for your answer and for sharing your story.

Yes, it's a pity, when the things doesn't work, as you need it to.

I have af fine electric sewing machine that works well. I just wanted the Handy Stitch to do small repairs so I wouldn't have to take the big machine out of the "hide" to do small jobs.

On Youtube I found one single video which shows a nice way to solve the problem. The woman in the video also show that it works afterwards. But, but, but... I wasn't able to make it work, even if I did just the same things and movings that was shown in the video.

I can see that I might give up, even i I don't want to.
Maybe I'll send then machine back. Just now, I don't know.

Thank you again.

Mette