Hank Aaron Autograph on His Toy?

0
Share
7
Save
Follow
Print

A baseball toy with Hank Aaron's signature.This was a baseball we found in my father-in-law's estate. He lived in Atlanta for years and his 3 sons were born there. My husband has no memory of the toy. The package looks like it was opened for the autograph. The ball, toy and autograph look absolutely new. I could not find any info on the toy. I could use some help trying to figure out value of autograph on the toy. Thank you!

A baseball toy with Hank Aaron's signature.

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers

The Eye Ball: Be a Home Run Hitter
Creator: Fairmont Industries, Inc
Date Created: ca. 1970
Location: Atlanta, GA

If the post-sale autographs are genuine, you're looking at a lot of money!!!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

His autograph is worth between $65 and $200, according to this website. www.psacard.com/.../1

Thank you! Will check it out!

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

This looks like a very good find.
You will have to have the signature authenticated by a reputable company if you wish to know the true value.

This service will probably cost $30-$60 dollars but without it you can only try to sell your item as unauthenticated and this will lower the value considerably.
Truthfully, there is just no way for anyone to place a value on something like this unless you are an expert in this field.
But, if you get it authenticated, then you may be able to ask about value on some of the free appraisal sites.
However, be very careful when selling something like this as there are a lot of con-artist that prey on 'new/inexperienced' sellers.
If you find this is worth some big money then it may be best to try selling it at one of the bigger in person auctions.

here are a couple of reputable authentication sites:
www.beckett-authentication.com/pricing
www.psacard.com/.../autographauthentication

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../collectibles.html

Good luck.
Please post back with any information you're able to acquire.

Thank you for all the info. I tried to find this toy and could not find it anywhere for sale. I will see about getting it authenticated.And I will let you know what happens.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

So here is some info:

I found this picture of the toy:

artsandculture.google.com/.../VQEf_03hjKrDXQ

The company appears to be out of business. Here is some history:

www.georgiacompanyregistry.com/.../

I found a 1970 article in an Atlanta newspaper that said Hank Aaron was employed by Fairmont. He was presented with an award in this article and stated he wanted to continue on there after he retired. The article is too large (and copyrighted) so unfortunately I cannot screen shot and upload here.

Additionally I found an article (again, can't upload) that states someone named Jack Griffin at the company invented the toy. The article was in The Atlanta Constitution (Atlanta, Georgia) on
26 Jan 1969, Sunday. Apparently one of Hank's kids was a tester on the toy.

Aaron's signature was different over the years so it is critical to get it authenticated. Was there anything else in your father-in-law's estate that would help authenticate it--so a ticket from a game in that time period, or a photo with Hank?

Authenticated signed items sell all over the place from as low as $10 into the hundreds of dollars. With something this unusual, if authenticated, it could go high just because scarce items sell for more than common items (like a regular baseball or card).

I strongly (as a long time reseller) advise you do not sell it yourself online if you are not an experienced seller. Why? eBay especially is ripe with fraud on new and inexperienced sellers especially with items like autographs. I would be very concerned about fraud or someone getting the item, stating it was a fake and returning a fake, while they kept the real thing. This happens all the time.

My best guidance is to find a real auction house that has an authentication service, have them authenticate and sell it for you. Yes, you will not get the full amount, but you also will not have the risks involved for selling an item like this on your own.

Do check for other things around the estate that may help with the "story" as that could add to the value if it is authenticated as real.

Post back how it goes!! Very curious!!

I will definitely get it appraised and let you know the outcome. Thank you for the links to start this process going. Dn't be discourages if it takes months. I will let you know!

Consumer Advice Collectibles ToysJune 2, 2021
🎆
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hank-Aaron-Autograph-on-His-Toy.html