Healthy Oatmeal Pudding
I created this recipe when looking to add healthy fiber to my diet. Using oats instead of rice. I really prefer the final product plus it's a great way to use your left-over oatmeal and to get kids to eat healthier!
I always make larger batches of my oatmeal and keep it in the refridge to add to soups or to have an easy breakfast or hearty snack. So I decided to create a rice pudding substitute with it using fragrant spices and my leftover oatmeal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15
- 2 cups cooked oatmeal (I used oat groats)
- 1/4 cup milk, almond milk, cream or half and half
- sprinkle Stevia or your favorite sweetener to taste
- splash vanilla or almond extract
- nuts, raisins and/or dried cranberries
- Mix your left over cooked oatmeal with the milk and the spices above. Add your personal favorite sweet spices and leave out the ones you don't like.
- Add dried fruits or even nuts, then add a splash of extract.
- Place your oatmeal in individual cups.
- I actually warmed mine up in the microwave before serving, but I've also had it cold and both are good!
- It satisfies ones desire for a snack but is actually healthy for you!
- Big win-win!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.