Home Repair Help for Elderly Homeowners

My 92 year old mother will not take a bath due to the fact that she is afraid she will fall, her tub is high. She lives alone and is in fairly good health. Also the floor in her bathroom is falling in around the toilet. Is there anyone that can help her with the repairs? All the kids are on Social Security and live on a fixed income so we cannot have the work done.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 3, 20180 found this helpful

Have her apply at HUD.org, Habitat for Humanity, local churches, and the department of social services in your area

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 3, 20180 found this helpful

I would make an appointment with HUD and take your mom there. She can apply for help through this organization. Furthermore, there are government agencies that help people like your mom with grants to fix up their home. I'd also look into this and see if you can apply for a grant to help your mom.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 5, 20180 found this helpful

Sorry for your troubles. I will send up prayers that you find a solution. If you are a member of a religious organization, I suggest starting there and finding out if the can help with money or labor. These sound like a big job, so money and professionals who will offer a discount would be ideal.


Organizations like Rotary, Kiwanis, or Lions clubs may have monies that can help.

If one says no, ask for their input on who they think could help.

You can also Google your city name + the term repairs for seniors and look for lines that have .org or .gov not .com as the former may be organizations or government funded enties vs people who are businesses.

You could always try a Go fund me and see if you can crowd source enough money to hire people. Good luck! Don't give up hope!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 6, 20180 found this helpful

the obvious things have been said
- churches
- rotary or lions club
- habitat for hunanity

additionally in your area (don't know wher eyou are) you should google "housing assistance + elderly + homeowner + (where you live)" and see what results come up. Most likely you will find a very specific sort of housing coalition or program, either private or gvmt funded, that will ahve you apply for assistance for either a person to come do it all for free or for you to qualify for a grant

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Home and Garden Repair HomeAugust 3, 2018
Back to School Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/08/21 00:49:51 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!