House Trained Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside?

My dog is neutered and he's five going on six years old now and he's been potty trained since he was one. We just moved like a few months ago and he was fine with it, because he went from a condo to a big house. We also just had a new husband and kids added about is year ago, the two new kids are only here every other week, but the other two he's been living with are always here.

Now sometimes when we leave, he pees and poops in the basement! Even if we have only been gone five minutes (we never leave for more than an hour without him). I am almost forced to get rid of him! Whats wrong with him so I can try to fix it?

By Bailey R.

I am having the same exact problem with my beagle/bulldog. Every single day we are cleaning up his pee and poop! I am completely out of ideas. Since you have posted this... have you tried anything that has worked?

How can I stop my Jack Russell cross, who I've had for 4 years and who was house trained years ago, from weeing up my furniture and pooing in the house even when he's been out? It's so frustrating. He started doing it about 8 months ago and does it 5 to 6 times a week!

I've tried so many things to stop him, but nothing works. He pees up curtains, the sofa, on floors, and even peed on my bed! Any advice or help would be great.

Answers

Best Answer

Dog peeing and pooping inside:

1. There are several reasons a house trained dog will start to pee and poop again inside.
  2. The dog could have some sort of medical issue such as digestive upsets. Have you changed the dog's food lately, treats, supplements or anything like this? Did you buy a new type of treat for the dog recently?
  3. Another reason the dog could be doing this is because there has been some sort of change in the dog's life.
  4. Did you change the dog's exercise routine, did something frighten the dog, or did you recently get a new pet.
  5. Advertisement

6. Did a person move out of the home or move into the home?
  7. All these reasons can cause a dog to pee and poop in the house again.
  8. You are basically going to have to start over and re-house train your dog again.
  9. That means being strict with walks, feeding, and scolding bad behavior.
  10. This time when you train the dog it is not wise to use the reward system like you did when they were puppy's.
  11. Don't take a treat with you when you take the dog out. Just praise the dog for doing what it has been trained to do.
  12. If you use the treat reward system the dog will have you trained and he will receive rewards for doing what he should be doing in the first place.
  13. When you are away from home, keep the dog confined to a smaller area. Don't allow them to roam free in the house like they are doing now.
  14. This is going to take time and patience to retrain your dog.
  15. Advertisement

16. So now you need to first identify the problem and second re-house train the dog again.
  17. Good luck.

Re-training dog

Step 1
Have there been any changes in your living situation or schedule? If so, you will have to stick to a strict feeding/walking schedule and re-train the dog.

Step 2
Praise him for success and don't punish for accidents.

Step 3
If there has been no change, there could be a physical reason for the incontinence. Call your vet for an appointment.

Retraining a dog.

Step 1
Maybe he is marking his territory.

Step 2
Spray a solution of 50 -50 water and vinegar acts as a repellent.

Step 3
So they don't do it again.

Step 4
When he goes pee outside praise and give him treats.

Step 5
You may have to tether him to you so you can catch him in the act.

Step 6
Scold him and get him outside.

Thanks for that will definitely persevere with him, it's been a difficult few months n I hadn't thought about the impact b.s. confusion my dogs were feeling. Thanks again

Pets Dogs House TrainingMay 8, 2013
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
Generated 2020-07-23 22:43:06 in 962 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/House-Trained-Dog-Peeing-and-Pooping-Inside.html