House Trained Dog Peeing in Kennel

My Wheaton was just put to sleep and now his buddy, my Yorkie, is peeing and pooping in his kennel when I leave. I know this is some reaction to the other dog being gone, but not sure what to do. Before the Wheaton died I had moved their kennels up to the main floor from the basement because the other dog couldn't walk, but since his death I moved the kennel back to the basement. I just took the Yorkie out before I left and 2 hours later he peed in his kennel.

Most likely it is from stress and grief as well as loneliness. Maybe if you got him a companion, or left the tv on for him?

He is definitely reacting to the loss of his friend. You can put doggie diapers on him until he gets back to a new normal.

About a month after one of my dogs died, my other dog would mope around the yard and go lay next to where we buried him. This passes over time. The dog feels the loss of his companion.

You might have to sell the dog kennel or find a place up high, so your other dog won't see it in your basement. Can you keep your basement door closed so the dog can not go down and pee in the kennel.