How to Fix Damaged Surfaces of Wood Furniture

Wood is lovely, but at times it does not age well, or exposure makes the veneer or varnish suffer needlessly.

This guide can help you revive that nice dresser or nightstand, not so that it regains its monetary value as much as that it still looks attractive in your home.

Total Time: 30 minutes to one hour

Related Product: 

1. It is always a good idea to clean your furniture thoroughly with Murphy's Oil Soap before you begin. You can either buy the spray version, or dilute it one part to 3 parts water on a rag, then rub it on the wood.
  2. Advertisement

3. Look for the marker that most complements your piece of furniture. Then, after your furniture has dried from the washing, simply draw on your wood! This can be a fun step for children to finish. It can also be helpful during this step to rub in the ink with a rag each time you draw on your piece of wood. It can also be helpful to draw over the same area multiple times.
  4. Let it dry for a while. I would say, wait at least 5 minutes, because you don't want the ink to rub off in your next step.
  5. After the marker is all dry, then take equal parts olive oil and vinegar, shake them up really well in a jar, and rub it on the wood with a terry robe or other porous cloth.
  6. Advertisement

7. As you can see, it looks great! As good as new, when viewed in a certain light. As you can see in my photos, this really nice and pricey nightstand was worthless before the treatment. But now, unless you look at it up close, it looks as good as new. I also tried this treatment with 3 other nightstands and a rolling cart on this particular day, and the results were impressive each time.

thanks for this tutorial! i have some of those markers but was uncertain how they were used. it certainly looks like they make the furniture look MUCH better!

How long does it last b4 you have to do it again?

Anonymous

I still dont know the right words to express my gratitude to this great man called herbal doctor oyoma. After being diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS for so long and just 2 years ago, I was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until I found testimonies about  great Dr. Oyoma on online research and on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, I was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I'm truly grateful, I pray you live long in life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support, You can Email him via email:: droyomaherbalcure@gmail.com or for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on WhatsApp with this mobile number +2348104550048, one thing I love most about Dr.

Oyoma is honest, and he is very polite with his patient, everything he told me was what he did, and his herbal medicine are very affordable. God bless you sir. Dr Oyoma  also cures DIABETES, HPV, HSV, HEPATITIS, COLD SORE etc You can also find more about Dr Oyoma at his official website :: https://droyomaherbalcure.weebly...

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingJanuary 19, 2017
📓
🌻
😷
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Fix-Damaged-Surfaces-of-Wood-Furniture.html