Husqvarna Riding Mower Won't Start

My 2002 Husqvarna riding mower won't start or roll freely. It is a YTH1746 with Kohler CV490S Crown Series engine. It got harder to start over the last month, I'd charge the battery and it would go. Then it quit starting at all. I replaced the starter. No help. I replaced the ignition switch. No help. I ran a jumper from the battery to the starter, and the starter would spin and turn the engine, but there was no spark that way for the engine to start. If it were a fuse, it wouldn't have failed gradually.

I have no manual and don't want to start tearing it apart without some better idea of what I'm doing. Maybe it's the spark plug, but I'll have to start unscrewing things to find that. When it ran, it ran fine. Also, when I pull the lever on the back so I can push it the transmission is still locked. I can rock it a little, but that is all. What do I try next? I couldn't even get it in the truck to haul to the shop now.

Tod from Flemington, WV

Answers:

Husqvarna Riding Mower Won't Start

Sounds like the problem we had with our riding mower and it was the spark plug. (08/15/2008)

By Rae

Husqvarna Riding Mower Won't Start

Sounds like the solenoid switch. That is why you can jump it from they battery to the starter and it'll work. The solenoid cost under $15.00 (08/18/2008)

By Crystal

Husqvarna Riding Mower Won't Start

First I would take off the drive belt. It is very simple to do, that would let you know if its the motor or tranny. If it moves its the motor or electric clutch if it doesn't it's the tranny. I hear the tranny is way expensive. Hope this helps. Jim (06/07/2009)

By jdj599

I have a Husqvarna yth20k46 riding mower . I was mowing and hit a bump now it won't start back . I've changed the spark plug it has and had fresh gas and the air filter is clean going crazy trying to fix it

Help same. Mower replaced battery won't even begin to turn over or crank as some say. Checked new battery fine neighbor said sounds like lose wire pulled cover off see an orangish red wire with silver metal inset dangling if sitting on mower it would be on right side can't find where it came lose or where to plug in any help greatly appreciated