Identifying Drinking Glasses

I bought a set of 8 of these glasses. They are quite heavy and are five and 1/2" tall. There is a silver rim at the top. I'm trying to figure out if they may be vintage? And, if so, I wonder how old they might be!

They look to be from the 1950s or 1060s. From what I have seen on eBay, they are worth less than $25 for the set.

Hi,

These are very beautiful! I found that there are a lot of nice vintage glasses on Etsy. Here is a link:

www.etsy.com/.../1950s_drinking_glasses

The heavier a glass is, the more money it will be worth. These look very nice!

Blessings,

Robyn

Thank you for the link! :)

Apparently someone on eBay thinks this set is quite valuable and is asking 55 dollars (free shipping, which means the seller pays shipping so will probably net about 40 after fees and shipping).

I suggest watching this auction and seeing if it sells and then that will give you today's market value.

I love these type of glasses. They have a 60s vibe to me! Earth Day is coming up in April!! That would be a good time to sell them to promote green and earth and cool stuff!

Post back how much you get for them!! Blessings!

PS, I hit post too soon. SOLD price is the only way to determine actual value because that is what someone actually pays for an item. Sellers can ask the world. I didn't see any sold on eBay but there are literally thousands of similar products. This one looks like and EXACT match...so exact match + sold price = value (so you will have to wait for it to sell to know the value)!

Take care!

Anonymous

Thank you for all that info! Do you have the eBay link?

Pghgirl40 do you have a link for that listing. I searched, but could not find it :(

Boy was I having a bad day that day...I messed everything up. Yes, here is the link:

www.ebay.com/.../142660480397?hash=item21373a2d8d...

My apologies for the kerfluffles!! Here's to a better day!

Since you have 8 glasses you may be able to ask a higher price but no matter the price, or where they are listed, you may have to wait several months for a sale (some sellers keep items like this listed for months to years - some sell and some do not.

Selling items like this (there are several thousand drinking glasses listed on eBay and Etsy on any given day) is sometimes a mystery as some sets sell quickly while others just show no signs of ever selling.

Shipping breakable items is always difficult as they have to be well wrapped and usually require double boxing and quite often still get broken. Sets of items are difficult as the buyer may not want any of the set if even one is broken. Insurance is also a gamble and takes a long time to resolve.

Shipping cost is not always included in insurance payment. So if you decide to list and plan to ship be very sure you know the true cost of shipping and insurance before you list.

Sold items is the only way to gauge current value and eBay is the only site that has a link to sold listings. You can check this link often to see if your set or a similar one has sold.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+drinking...

If you list your set on local sites like Craigslist, USA4Sale, Nextdoor.com, Facebook Marketplace, or any other site with local pick up you will not have to ship and that would be a big plus.

I believe your set could be listed for $35 - $65 (or more) and just lower the price if no one shows an interest.

Anonymous

Wow, that's a lot of information! Thank you for taking the time to post all that. Very much appreciated!