Identifying Garden Insect Eggs

I'm having trouble identifying these orange spindle shaped eggs on the underside of a broccoli leaf. They could be lady bug eggs, but I'm not sure about the protective web covering. There was a green caterpillar lying along side of the eggs, which I removed.

These could be cutworms. Remove what you can and use an insecticide safe for food plants.

Yuck! I hate when these things happen. So it could either be cutworms or cabbage worms:

Cutworms look like this:

extension.entm.purdue.edu/.../western-bean-cutworm.php

(My screen resolution is horrible and when I blow the picture up it blurs. To me, small, it doesn't quite look like these, but I can't make it out clearly so match photos to critter.)

The more common thing I am used to is cabbage worms that look like this (for this compare the worm you saw...which I can't see in the photo):

hgic.clemson.edu/.../

Either way, when we gardened, we would pick them off and put them in a bucket of soapy water and dump it over the hill and that usually worked. You do have to be diligent. I am never one to use chemicals and the soapy water was like 2 drops of regular Dawn in a bucket of hot water--so I didn't worry about that hurting anything when I dumped it.

If neither match...you didn't mention where you are, but you can either take some in a TIGHTLY SEALED jar to the hardware store, or send your photos to your local home extension office and ask what they are (you need to enter your zip code for this site):

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

Let me know what you find!! Good luck!!