Identifying Herb Leaves

Does any one have an idea what this plant is? I've been told it's an herb that's used on salads and pasta.

It could be a type of rosemary

Its been years and years since I have grown spices (rosemary, dill, parsley, sage, mints, basil, and thyme) and this does not look like any of the varieties I am familiar with (but I know there are dozens and dozens and many would never be found in cold old Pgh) so I only know those I know.

So with this one, my question is does it grow in a bush? If so, it looks like juniper. Which around here is a decorative bush used in a lot of landscaping.

I know some people like the berries (I have never tried them), but I have never heard of anyone using the leaves. They smell really nice though. Hardy plants.

There are dozens of varieties of juniper so you may want to do a Google images search and match yours with the pix to figure out if this is indeed what you have.

Post back what you learn.

This is not one that I am familiar with but you might ask your question at your local Agriculture Agency. Here is a link - your zip code will give you addresses to contact. There may also be a Master Gardener office in your area. It would be better if you had a picture of the complete plant as well as just the leaves.

www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search

There are several types of yarrow, and this looks like some of their leaves, but can't be sure from one picture.