Identifying Insect Eggs

Recently I came across insect eggs that were laid on the TV screen and now even on towels. These eggs cling onto any surface it was laid on and can be difficult to remove. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what type of insect eggs/insect is this?

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure these are insect eggs? Have you seen insects?

To me they look like poke weed seed pods:

Do you have these plants around?

nadiasyard.com/.../

If so, it is possible they are sticking to something you wear and getting stuck to other things because of static cling.

We have had this issue before, so weird.

Anonymous

i do not have pokeweed seeds or similar plants around therefore i guessed it was laid by an insect.

If this were me, I would put them in a sealed plastic bag and go to a garden center. They can identify it and sell you the correct pesticide. Another alternative is to send the pictures to your local cooperative extension.

Since you don't have pokeweed around, my other two thoughts are:

1. If they are totally smooth, they could be a phase of aphid eggs. These are usually yellow, but there is a brief phase when they turn black, at least where I am they do.

2. If they have bumps on the top, almost like a cake top pattern, they could be stink bug eggs. They have a definite texture to them.

In either case, I suggest scraping it off and drowning it in hot water and wiping down the plant with a few drops of dawn dish soap and warm water.

This the season! The one good thing is it means it is spring. The bad thing is it becomes insect season!