Identifying Possible Insect Eggs

I woke up and saw this stuff, on the floor, next to my bed. Can you please tell me if this is some kind of eggs or what?
Thank you.

It may be termites. Which is the one thing if it is, that sadly needs chemicals to get rid of permanently. I know lots of DIY remedies for other critters, but termites....no.

You may want to show these photos to your home extension office if you are in the US. Here is a finder:

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

Post back what they tell you. I so hope I am wrong as termites are a pain in the you know what to get rid of.

If they are moving they could be worker termites. Put some of them in a sealed plastic bag.

Take it to any place that sells pesticides and they will identify it for you. If it is termites, you will need a professional.

Hi,

I would open one up, with plastic gloves on, and see what type of bug in in the egg. Also I would call a local exterminator and ask if they could come out, identify the eggs, and give you a free estimate. This way you will have an identification and a price if you decide to use the company.

There are also insect identification groups on Facebook and they are very nice to be a part of. You simply post a picture and ask the question and you get an answer within a few minutes.

Here is one of them:

www.facebook.com/.../

Have a blessed day!

Robyn

This is drywood termite frass (poop). If you do a little investigating, you will find the kick-out hole where they push the frass out of the gallery.

It will be a small pinhole just big enough for the pellets to pass through and will most likely be close to the junction of the ceiling and the wall or along a stud in the wall.