Identifying Wallpaper

Whether you no longer have the information on your wallpaper or have moved into a home with existing papered walls, you may need to identify the wallcovering to make repairs or to use it in other areas of your home. Here are some tips for identifying wallpaper.

Can anyone tell me the brand or anything about this wallpaper? We need to replace a wall of it, and the previous homeowners (who have passed away) put it up. We just love it and need to order more!

Answers

Best Answer

Very beautiful.

It will be a long shot if there isn't any wall paper information laying around. Any left over wall paper anywhere in the home?

The wall paper looks to be metallic? If you know the flower name, I would type on google like Metallic Wallpaper Flower, and it'll be a lot of browsing to look through though.

Example reminds me of: www.decoratingcentreonline.co.uk/lotus-flower-metallic-wallpaper-rose...
www.decoratingcentreonline.co.uk/fine-decor-quartz-tree-wallpaper...

I wonder if you can bring it into a wallpaper specialist to see if they have an idea.

Sorry! But I hope you have luck in finding the name of the wall paper, its beautiful! :)

Best Answer

It is really pretty! Maybe someone at this wall paper site can help you:

www.wallcoveringinstallers.org/

It is a huge challenge to identify old papers. There have just been so many and many that are similar by different companies.

One person I know had to give up and just kept the paper one wall in a room a (they had some damage to the paper on other walls) and ended up stripping the damaged walls and painting in a coordinating color.

It looks lovely and actually looks like they planned it that way.

Another gal went mix and match with a similar paper...you have to look really close to know the walls don't match...the wallpaper shop helped her find something really close and it looks good.

Best Answer

I like Pghgirl's suggestions and this may be how you will have to proceed as finding a vintage wallpaper WITH a name or/and brand is very difficult so it may be a very, very long shot to finding even a brand or name for this one.

I'm assuming you also have no idea when (year) it might have been put up - maybe when the house was new? Even a year may be a beginning.

A very long shot might be to look up wallpaper brands; find their offices on the Internet and send a photo to each asking if this happens to be one of their vintage wallpapers.

Sorry but this is all that I can think of at this time.

Can anybody identify this wallpaper? I think it could be Anaglypta, but don't know the pattern name. I am trying to find it as I need a couple of rolls because we've had a leak.

Answers

Best Answer

Trying to identify a brand name and pattern from a picture is really difficult but even with this information you may have a very hard time finding a roll if it has been discontinued for a long time.

Wallpaper outlets that have long standing employees/owners are usually helpful but I would be sure to have several pictures just in case one is more clear than another.

Since you say you have had water damage, would it be possible to take a piece of the wallpaper to the stores since the texture will be one of the identifying features? This may be a big help with the identification process.

If you find out the brand and hopefully the pattern name, be sure to return and maybe someone can help you find what you need.

ThriftyFun receives a lot of requests for helping find discontinued wallpaper so maybe it would help to read past questions/answers.

www.thriftyfun.com/How-Can-I-Find-Discontinued-Wallpaper...

www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Wallpaper-1.html

Can anyone identify this wallpaper please?
John

Answers

Best Answer

I agree with coville - finding a particular wall paper pattern without a pattern name or manufacturer would be an almost impossible task.

• You may have some luck with finding a manufacturer if you take a sample to some of your local wallpaper dealers as they can usually tell more about the paper and designs than inexperienced people.
  • You may need to go to several stores but many carry different brands so one may recognize it.
  • The only other suggestion might be to send a photograph to as many on-line wall paper shops as you can locate and ask if they recognize it.

If you are looking to purchase a discontinued pattern then you will need a pattern name also as that is how they will be listed on eBay, Etsy and other web sites.

I am looking for a roll of this wallpaper. Can anyone help? It is about 4 years old, but I don't know what it is called.

Answers

Best Answer

Do you remember where you purchased it? If you bring the swatch there they could identify it. Otherwise, take it to a wallpaper store. You might get lucky and someone will remember it.

I am trying to identify this wallpaper?

Answers

Best Answer

This is an old pattern. The Brooklyn Museum has an exhibit of this company. Why don't you send the picture to them and they can help you? www.brooklynmuseum.org/.../objects

I am looking for some help in identifying this wallpaper. It would be even better if someone knows where I can buy it; I suspect it's discontinued though :-(

Thanks.

Answers

Go to an established wallpaper store and hopefully a longtime employee can identify it, or get you something close to it.

Thanks Judy... went to local decorating centre today and although the team were very helpful nothing coming close :-(

We need two rolls of this wallpaper to repair a section of ceiling. It was probably a very old paintable embossed paper. Anyone recognise the pattern or know where it could be purchased?

Answers

Go to an established wallpaper store and let an experienced salesperson help you get it, or something very similar.

I found this image on Pinterest + love the paper, unfortunately it doesn't link to where it's from. Does anyone know where it's from or have any idea how I can find it please.
Thank you x.

Answers

It is going to be hard to identify with so little information. Bring the picture to an established wallpaper store. They may identify it or have something similar in stock.

I am looking for this type of wallpaper for my house. I want to redo some of the rooms that don't have this wallpaper, but I don't know the name of the paper and where I can buy it. Any ideas? Or guesses?

Answers

This is going to be difficult. You can try to go to an established wallpaper store and maybe someone can help you there.

🐰
🍀
🌻

Generated 2020-02-20 22:08:45 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️