Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Can anyone help identify this doll for me?

I think this is also either an Ashton Drake or Franklin Mint doll. For the record, they are mass-produced and worth at most $25.

The signature looks like Ashton Drake. The year would be when she was made.

I am not positive, but I think she came with a book in her hands.

How tall is she?

She looks like one of their dolls that were realisitc style toddlers.

Some of those still sell in the $40-50 range, but they need to be pristine, in the box, with all of their paperwork.

If you are asking to sell her, you could always start high and then accept best offer.

Hope to learn more about your venture! Thanks for sharing her!

This is an Ashton Drake doll. They made 2000 of these dolls and the first number is the number for your doll that was made.

These dolls are mass produced and they do not bring in a high resale value. Most people can only sell them for $5 to $25 because there are so many of them on the market today.

You have a Marie Osmond doll abut without more information it would be impossible to identify her.
You can do your own research by checking eBay and Etsy but it will be a slow process as sellers do not put enough information in their listing for you to narrow down the numbers.
Having the size of the doll helps but most sellers do not put this in the header so it does not really help very much when doing research.

You can check current eBay listings and if you see a similar doll you can place a watch to see if it sells.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=marie+osmond...

Here are links to Marie Osmond dolls sold on eBay over the past several months. You may find a similar doll which would give you an idea of current value.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524...

Here is a listing that recently sold. You can check the signature so you can see Marie Osmond signature matches the one on your doll.

www.ebay.com/.../383150660218?hash=item59358f1a7a...

www.ebay.com/.../132856777681?_trkparms=aid%3D555018...

Cybergrannie is absolutely correct that she is a Marie Osmond toddler doll and not Ashton Drake as I miss-stated earlier. I apologize for my error. Yikes (red face).

No need to be red-faced.
This just has to be the worst signature of all brands and I may not remember it tomorrow!
Sad that most of these dolls are also very low value - seems like the babies have held their value more than others.

It is a wonky signature isn't it!! If I would have mistaken a Marie doll for a Drake doll when I was working in retail, I they would made me sweep out the stock room for a month AND take out the trash every evening!

(YIKES!!!) We took great pride in being able to ID just about any doll, bear, or figurine at 100 paces :)

Aren't you glad you're your own boss now!

:)

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 20, 2019
🌻
🎃
🎂