Identifying a Porcelain Doll?

I have this doll that I am having a hard time finding anything out about. The mark on the back looks like Veda. That is the only identifying mark on her. She stands 25 inches. I am just trying to get some info on the maker before I pass her along to someone else.

If no one here knows you can post the picture to the forum at www.dollreference.com

I have checked the normal places for the marking on this doll. I do not see anything like this one. However, I have gone to this site in the past to try and find info on some dolls. Ths is a good site and you can try this one. www.tapatalk.com/.../

Hello, it looks like you have a kit doll that someone made (probably in the 1990s) which used the "mold style" of a famous line of German antique dolls.

Here is an article about the dolls: antiquechild.com/.../

You could have it verified with the site given by one of the other posters, just to be sure.

The giveaways to me it was a kit is the "odd" name (it is probably the mom or aunt or granny who made it) and the clothing has new (machine zig zag) stitching on it...even though I can see that the snaps were sewed on--they are "sloppy" indicating it was a person making them, not a company.

Doll clothes are often swapped out so there is an off chance that the doll part is a true antique, but in 98% of the dolls of this look with an odd name and hand stitched clothing, it was a kit gal.

Are you asking to value her? If so, let me know and I can share some info with you.

Thanks for sharing her!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsOctober 16, 2019
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Porcelain-Doll-261.html