Identifying a Porcelain Doll Maker

I found this doll in a thrift store today, but I cannot make out the signature on the back. It is 18" tall. She was made in 1999 and is numbered.

Please check out the pictures. Any info would be great! Thank you!

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your help! I found her! Her name is Kate and she was made by Kathleen Hill for Paradise Galleries. Only worth about $30 I think.

That's wonderful news! Thanks for posting back! She is lovely, nice to know her background. Selfishly, I am glad my memory is not as bad as I worry it is. :)

Thanks for posting back!!!!

I cannot identify the doll, but I can tell you it is mass-produced and not worth much. You could upload the pictures to the forum at www.dollreference.com and they could help you.

Anonymous

Why do you say that if you don't know what she is?

She may be a paradise doll collection doll. They frequently used the "tc" mark with the year. You can contact them and see if they can confirm:

www.paradisegalleries.com/.../porcelain-dolls.

Once you confirm the ID if you are trying to value her, I can help if you post back!

It is possible she is a Paradise Galleries doll but what collection?

I do not recognize the artist name and that is what you would need - even
if she is not a Paradise Galleries doll.

Here is a Paradise Galleries doll that has the T.C. (date) so you can see it appears to be the same but its possible the artist only designed one or two dolls for them so their name would not be one of the more common ones.

www.ebay.com/.../263999999140?hash=item3d77a04ca4...

It is doubtful that you can obtain any information from the Paradise Galleries company as they probably do not keep older records "handy" for someone to supply information on this older doll. But - you may be able to obtain a list of artist names. Here is a link with contact information.

www.paradisegalleries.com/.../artist-gallery

I would suggest you ask your question on a doll forum site and this is a good site:

www.tapatalk.com/.../

You can upload photos and size of doll as well as composition and they may be able to help you ID her.
You can click on reply and let us know what information you find.

looks to me ju st like a Paradise Galleries doll www.paradisegalleries.com/.../porcelain-dolls

this link provides info on the company and links to the new collection

I believe this doll is from 1999 so it would not be with the newer dolls but you may be able to acquire information about her on the doll forum. There are some very good doll collectors that frequent this site and seem to love to help people looking for information about this type of doll.