DollsCollectibles

Identifying a Porcelain Musical Doll

The music box plays "do re mi". There are no marks whatsoever. I know it is at least from 1940 or earlier.

Can you please clarify for me? Yous aid it plays do re mi...like from Sound of Music? Everything I know about that song (which is not a lot, but I do love a good musical) is that the song was from either 1959 or 1960...which would mean the doll was from that era, not the 1940s.

Is it possible it plays a different tune or it is not the Sound of Music Do Re Mi? Just trying to clarify so I can give you the best info possible. Thanks for helping this old brain to figure it out!

I think it does have value. Your best bet is to take it to a dealer who specializes in dolls.

Cute doll. I guess you have your reasons for feeling the doll is from before 1940 but I agree with Pghgirl that DO Re Me tune is from Sound of Music and that was 1959. Perhaps it is another tune that sounds like Do Re Mi?

You can ask about your doll on the doll forum. You can ask your question and present your pictures (as well as measurements). These are real doll people and can identify most dolls but they do not offer very much information on value of a doll.

If you decide to do this, please post back with what you find out.

www.tapatalk.com/.../