Identifying an Antique Chair?

I recently received this chair from my grandmother, who said she got it from her grandfather and that it sat in the White House at some point. She has dementia, so she could be completely wrong, but it made me curious. It's built with wooden screws.

Any help would be appreciated!

Look on the back and bottom for identifying marks. It would be worth your while to have a dealer look at it.

I found a post from 5 years ago from a site that says your chair could be a George Arndt Chair from Dansville, NY 1900-1910.

www.collectorsweekly.com/.../148535-wood-rocking-chair-with-man...

A second post gives it a value between 400-750 dollars (I don't see a year on that one).

www.instappraisal.com/.../george-arndt-quarter-sawn-oak-rocking...

There is a lot about this company and this pattern on the internet.

Now how do you know if yours is real? I strongly suggest taking it to an expert and having it appraised (cybergrannie hopefully can weigh in and give her free appraisal sites).

Once you get it appraised, you can talk to the person you are dealing with about selling it if that is your goal. I would NOT recommend handling a sale for an item like this on your own.

If it is a true valuable piece, the sales are best left to the experts!

Post back what you learn!! I hope you get a good answer!!

PS...not sure anything about the White House angle. If you had papers or something to prove it and it was real, you could add to its value!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Antique FurnitureAugust 19, 2019
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-an-Antique-Chair-1.html