Information About Japanese Serving Set?

I would like to know what this IE&C Co Japan hand painted serving set is used for and it's possible value. I can't find it in any of my collector books. Thank you

It could be for fish. Each person gets his own portion on the little plate.

Yes, I agree. It looks like a fish platter/plates....similar to this one:
www.etsy.com/.../antique-fish-platter-and-6-plates...

These were originally, my understanding, sold as celery serving sets or nut serving sets or chocolate serving sets (mostly referred to in old magazines as celery serving sets--you put the celery on the big plate and the smaller plates went to the table with the guest at your luncheon with the single stocks on which the ladies nibbled.
More ambitious hostesses used them for nuts or chocolates!

In more modern times people used them for sushi.

I am trying to figure out the pattern name. The value will be dependent on the pattern name. I am going to keep searching.

Thanks.

The company name is IE&C and the company made china in Japan from 1885-1925. Their china was never intended for American markets and most of their pieces are hand painted with flashy colors and scenes. They also used a lot of gold but the history of china during that time states IE&C china itself was not the best but they also say the paintings were excellent.
They were in business and same area during the same period as Noritake and that may be why they kinda copied the Noritake marks.
Most of what is listed online for sale seems to be mostly the elaborately painted types and most of the pieces that I found would be considered low value.
There seems to be several pieces of IE&C listed on Etsy and other sites but very little sold on eBay.
As to value - there is no way to provide any type of value as very few pieces are even similar to your more or less 'plain' china when looking at the other pieces listed for sale.
My suggestion would be to take several very good pictures and list your set on any selling site that you're familiar with. Start your price high - maybe even $200-$250 - with best offer considered. If no offers received after several weeks/months lower the value and see what happens.
Shipping will be most important as these are fragile and shipping of anything fragile is dangerous so be sure you know how to package (and the cost) before you start your listing.

As to the type of use; my books say if the small side dishes are 'flat' they will be for meat (craved by the host and placed on dishes for each guest) but if they are 'bowl' shaped then they could be used for some sort fruit if served at the beginning of the meal or for salad type food if served at the end of the meal.
It seems this could mean almost anything.
Your side pieces seem to be small bowls.

Just information:
The IE&C Company was run by two brothers from 1885 until its closure in 1925 and was almost as famous as Noritake (in Japan).
I.E. & C. Company was located in Nagoya, Japan.

www.etsy.com/.../ie-c-co-japan-moriage-porcelain-creamer
www.etsy.com/.../

Consumer Advice Collectibles ChinaFebruary 19, 2021
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Information-About-Japanese-Serving-Set.html