Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Is This a Duncan Phyfe Table?

I know it's almost impossible to be sure, but I believe I picked up a Duncan Phyfe table with two leafs. Or does this number on the bottom mean something else?

A great site Charish.com a similar pieces going for $300 to $1000

Thanks you very much.

Your table appears to be a Duncan Phyfe STYLE table.

The person, Duncan Phyfe, was alive from the the late 1700s through the mid 1800s. From everything I have read and studied about his works--things HE actually created, today are only found in museums.

If one was in "the wild" it would be a true amazing and rare find. I won't say it can't happen--stranger things have happened--but the chances are very small that he was the creator of your lovely table.

The style that DF perfected is timeless and has been copied by just about every furniture maker out there--old and new.

The numbers you posted mean nothing to me for the make, but do tell me that it could NOT be a real DF piece--they didn't stamp pieces like that in the 1700s-1800s). Marks would have either been hand done or a branded type mark (fire/heat mark).

My best guess-- I would need much better photos to give you more info--is you have a 1940s table.

If you can post some clear full view photos of the entire piece and the entire underside, I may be able to give you more info and help you value it if that is your goal.

Looking forward to learning more!! Thanks for sharing!

It would have markings if it were the real thing. I would have a dealer look at it if I were you.

I don't believe this a an authentic Duncan Phyfe table but maybe a replica of one. I would actually check with an antique dealer to make sure. The table is in good condition but when Duncan Phyfe make his tables they did not have a marking on them like this.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureSeptember 25, 2019
🎃
🎂
🌻