K-Cup Holder Ideas

I needed a holder for my Keurig K-cups but did not want to spend $25-$50 for it. I went to a local 2nd hand store and found a wooden revolving spice rack for $2.90. The cups fit perfectly in the holes and I can paint it to match my decor if I want.

By jill from Blue Bell, PA

Read More or Comment...

Hi... I don't use this brand of coffee. But I had to drop you a note to tell you how smart your idea is. Thank you for sharing.

I don't drink coffee but I think this is a great idea!

Great idea!

Great idea for those who use K-Cups. I do have to say though that the idea of using inexpensive and K-cup in the same paragraph has to be the ultimate oxymoron.

There is nothing vaguely thrifty about k-cup coffee or kuerig brewers.

I posted this idea a few months back and got the same response. They weren't even my cups or spice rack. I say if people want to pay the extra for the convenience they should.

i buy a 80 pod pack of victor allens decaff coffee from(the christmas tree shop)with shipping $30.00 i cant find decaff at any other store that my husband likes this cheap at the store i was paying $20.00 a box of 40pods plus tax

My machine was a gift and I also wondered if it would be costly to use it.

Fortunately, my daughter and I like a slightly weaker coffee so we can get 2 cups out of one pod but we mostly use the convenient pods where we make our own blend of any kind or price of coffee we desire.

If I had to buy the machine, I would have to give it a lot of thought, but since I did not personally pay for my machine, I find it less expensive to use than my "other" coffee makers as I can better control the amount of coffee made at any given time and enjoy any flavor (or several flavors) on any given day.

I used Sandi's idea (the original post); found a spice holder at a local thrift store and everybody thinks it is a great idea. Thanks Sandi.

I put the Keurig K cups into a large bowl, but it looked messy. There are lovely holders for purchase in stores (and some custom made ones on eBay that are quite tempting), but I was wondering if anyone had an alternative idea.

Thanks.

By Holly from Dallas, TX

Answers

We bought ours from Bed Bath & Beyond with one of their coupons a couple years ago. I did a search, but don't see one exactly like it available. This is the closest, except it doesn't swivel:
www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16026212

It's just one sided, and stands close to the wall (we don't have much space, and the carousel types take up too much room), and it holds 25 cups. If we didn't have this one, I'd consider the drawer kind. It wouldn't take up more space since the machine sits on it, and you just close the drawer and they disappear!
www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17470116

Why not try using a basket from an old dishwasher.
www.thriftyfun.com/tf36582669.tip.html

It's frugal and free!

I don't know the dementions, but would they fit in the holes of one of those spice carosels?
Here is a metal one but you can find the wooden ones often at thrift shops.

Good Luck!

Keurig just came out with a storage drawer that you put under your machine; it holds 36 k cups! It's great, takes up no room, and since we use the small machine, there is room on top of the drawer for a sugar bowl and a container for sweetener packets.

I used my 5.00 off coupon from BB&B, so it ended up costing just under 20.00. Check it out at BB&B either online or your local store.

Viewing This Page
Organizing KitchenNovember 12, 2013
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/K-Cup-Holder-Ideas-1.html