Kenmore Freezer Not Working

Category Freezer
It is not only frustrating when your freezer stops working but also potentially very expensive because of repair costs and lost food replacement. This is a guide about Kenmore freezer not working.

Earlier today I plugged in what must have been a bad 3 way extension. As soon as I did the outlet sparked and the breaker threw. I checked the breaker and it was toast. I replaced the breaker and now 1 outlet and 1 light on the circuit work, but I have 2 dead outlets. I tested and I have no voltage going to either one. Any ideas and the least damaging way to locate the junction box to check wiring and replace? I'm not an electrician, but I do know what I'm doing. I am just looking for some ideas for the best way without tearing down my whole ceiling.

Answers

Best Answer

The job of the breaker is to protect the wire in your walls. It is unsettling when a breaker fails because it is not doing its job. I think you need to get a professional in to determine if your wiring is damaged, they have test equipment to determine that without tearing down your ceiling.

I have a Kenmore model #596.50014100 and there is a red (!) and another red light showing on my display. The freezer temp is continuously going up. What do I do? The manual shows nothing to indicate what this light means.

By Ron. C from Hercules, CA

Answers

Contact the manufacturer's customer service.

Why does our freezer on our Kenmore refrigerator not freeze?

By Ryan

Answers

Perhaps it needs freon, or there's a mechanical problem. Either way, it'd be a good idea to call a repair tech at Sears. Even if the freezer is older, you can get it repaired. To save $$, you can buy a 1-year repair policy which is effective immediately; if the repair costs more than the policy, you don't pay anything above the cost of the policy.

We did this with a Kenmore dryer built in 1974, that needed repair a couple of years ago!

I have a 20cu. ft. Kenmore upright freezer. The top 2 coils in the freezer get cold with frost, but the bottom 3 coils do not get very cold or any frost on them. I am looking for some insight before I call a repair man if it is not repairable.

By Fred

By Fred

In my Kenmore Elite side by side, the bottom part of the freezer is cold and also the refrigerator side, but top part is warm.

By kaylo87