Kenmore Freezer Not Working?

Category Freezer
It is not only frustrating when your freezer stops working but also potentially very expensive because of repair costs and lost food replacement. This is a page about Kenmore freezer not working.

I have a side by side Kenmore refrigerator. I don't know how old it is. I bought it second hand. The freezer on the bottom freezes, but top won't. I took off the panel inside and the fan up there is not working. Does it mean it needs a new fan? I am on a fixed income. I guess my question is could that be the problem how do I fix it and where do I go for parts.

Answers

Best Answer

Aside from the fan, also look to the seal of the door. If it is not sealing properly, that not only prevent cooling success, but will wear out the mechanism.

As well, if you can, check to see if the coils are clean. Sometimes when there's buildup on the coils the unit won't cool properly

Best Answer

It's entirely possible that your fan may need replacing but you'll probably have to defrost the freezer to work on any part so why not think about how you are going to do this before taking any repair steps.

If your refrigerator side is working properly (cold?) this may not be a good time to take on this repair as there are a lot of non-essential businesses closed down right now and if you try to do repairs yourself you may run into trouble and you may need to consult someone.
Also, you will probably have to turn off both sides (all switches) and if your repair does not work, what will you do for refrigeration?

You may be able to contact your local Sears Service Center (Google with your zip code) and contact them for help. If they are open they will be able to tell you what you may need to do the repair and they will have the parts you need.
They may be closed but keep checking for when they open.
The service man will probably try to get you to let their service person go to your house but this could be VERY expensive so just tell them you cannot afford a service call.

No matter how you try to do these repairs, you will probably need the model number so try to locate this before doing research.

Earlier today I plugged in what must have been a bad 3 way extension. As soon as I did the outlet sparked and the breaker threw. I checked the breaker and it was toast. I replaced the breaker and now 1 outlet and 1 light on the circuit work, but I have 2 dead outlets. I tested and I have no voltage going to either one. Any ideas and the least damaging way to locate the junction box to check wiring and replace? I'm not an electrician, but I do know what I'm doing. I am just looking for some ideas for the best way without tearing down my whole ceiling.

Answers

Best Answer

The job of the breaker is to protect the wire in your walls. It is unsettling when a breaker fails because it is not doing its job.

I think you need to get a professional in to determine if your wiring is damaged, they have test equipment to determine that without tearing down your ceiling.

I have a Kenmore model #596.50014100 and there is a red (!) and another red light showing on my display. The freezer temp is continuously going up. What do I do? The manual shows nothing to indicate what this light means.

By Ron. C from Hercules, CA

Answers

Contact the manufacturer's customer service.

Why does our freezer on our Kenmore refrigerator not freeze?

By ryan

Answers

Perhaps it needs freon, or there's a mechanical problem. Either way, it'd be a good idea to call a repair tech at Sears. Even if the freezer is older, you can get it repaired. To save $$, you can buy a 1-year repair policy which is effective immediately; if the repair costs more than the policy, you don't pay anything above the cost of the policy.

We did this with a Kenmore dryer built in 1974, that needed repair a couple of years ago!

I have a 20cu. ft. Kenmore upright freezer. The top 2 coils in the freezer get cold with frost, but the bottom 3 coils do not get very cold or any frost on them. I am looking for some insight before I call a repair man if it is not repairable.

By Fred

By Fred

In my Kenmore Elite side by side, the bottom part of the freezer is cold and also the refrigerator side, but top part is warm.

By kaylo87

Home and Garden Repair Appliances FreezerJuly 12, 2013
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Kenmore-Freezer-Not-Working-1.html