RefrigeratorAppliances

Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling

My 4 year old Kenmore french door refrigerator is not cooling properly. The freezer keeps frosting up. I've checked air flow and gaskets and am not finding any issues. Before it got this bad it appeared to have a vacuum in the frig, making it difficult to open one door without the other. Any help to correct this problem is greatly appreciated.

I just went through the same thing with my refrigerator. What is happening is the hose line that blows the cold air into your fridge is freezing not letting cold air get through. You will need to defrost your freezer completely as well as letting the hoses that blow the air into the fridge. On my fridge I had to turn it completely off for nearly an entire day, and the hoses that blow the air were on the roof of the fridge in the way back on both sides. They may be different in your fridge. A quick way to know is if it is leaking water into the fridge so if you have any puddles that may be a good indicator of where they are at. Once these lines are defrosted your fridge will get cool again. To keep this from happening again try not to cover up the vents in your freezer by pushing things right up against them. Mine are on the very back wall and thats what I found was if I had things right up against the back like that I would have problems with the freezer icing up and the fridge not getting cold. Hope this helps.