Kenmore Washer Won't Spin?

I have a Kenmore 80 series washer that just recently quit spinning. Well it will only spin if there is nothing in it, but if there's clothing in it all it does is make the noise as if it was spinning. I have checked the switch and that seems fine. Any ideas?

You may have a belt problem or timing problem

Hi,

I would call a repair person since you probably have a damaged motor coupler.

www.hometips.com/.../washing-machine-agitate-spin.html

Blessings,

Robyn

I have always had good luck with contacting Sears Service Center but some of their shops are now closed so that may be making that feature more difficult. Does your machine show an error code?

You might try Google Sears Service Center with your zip code to see if they can help you. You may have to call a center that is not in your area.

I would start with them first as they know what brand your machine is (Whirlpool, Maytag, etc as Kenmore is just a Sears name) and may be able to help you troubleshoot but if not you can take the next step.

Here is a link to a Sears web site that has a lot of information about all of their machine problems. They also have a "chat link" if you need to ask a question but they have lots of DIY videos as well as links for manuals and parts if you need them.

www.searspartsdirect.com/washer-repair.html

Here is a link to a video on YouTube about this or a similar problem but this type of checking/testing will take someone with some knowledge about this type of repair.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b977m2jXcog

There are a lot of YouTube videos out there on repairing this machine, which I find concerning, because that means a lot of folks are having this same issue. I don't see any recalls though. Too bad because that is a free fix.

Maybe this video can help you if you are handy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-NCtWbIvo

Since Sears is in such bad straights and most are closed, perhaps you can ask around and find a reliable general appliance repair person who can look at it if you are not handy.

You just missed President's Day sales....which is a good time to buy appliances if you need to get a new one. Perhaps there are some places that held over their sales because that weekend (at least where I am) was a bad weather weekend.

My local NEXTDOOR.COM site seems to always have someone selling washers reasonably (you just have to be able to haul it).

Hope you find a solution!

Post back with an update!

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersFebruary 7, 2019
😷
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Kenmore-Washer-Wont-Spin.html