Killing Fleas on Furniture

Category Fleas
When your house becomes infested with fleas, they can take up residence in and on your furniture. This is a guide about killing fleas on furniture.

Fleas and more fleas. How do I get them out of our furniture? Help!

Thank you.

By George Bean from Long Beach, CA

Answers

Best Answer

I would sprinkle both salt and baking soda down in the cushions, a lot of it, and they don't like that and it will kill them..I do it all the time.

Best Answer

Get Fleabusters Rx for fleas. You can get it on line. Sprinkle on furniture. Follow directions. Good for carpets as well. Natural Product. Good for 1 year.

Best Answer

Whatever you do, vacumn twice a day until they are gone. This takes care of the eggs that can hatch. Put flea powder on your rugs and vacumn it up. that will kill any that hatch in your bag. Use advantage on your animals while you are doing this. It will work. I have had that problem too.

What are some effective flea treatments for furniture?

Answers

Best Answer

Salt is a great way to kill them. Also, put a pie tin of water under a lamp to keep it warm. Then, drop 3-4 drops of liquid soap in the water. This breaks up the surface adhesion and when they jump in they drown.

Sprinkling salt on the carpeting and furniture, then letting it sit is a great way to suck them dead fleas up. Here is a link to many remedies that can help.

http://www.rapi  id-of-fleas.html

I'm having a very bad time with fleas in my recliner biting me. How do I get rid of them for good? They are tearing me up!

Answers

Removing fleas

Step 1
Remove couch cushions

Step 2
Wash cushions if they are washable

Step 3
Use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum and vacuum thoroughly

Step 4
Seal the vacuum bag and freeze for a day before disposing

This is a comprehensive article about getting fleas to flee. If you use any home remedies, keep them away from your pets and small children!

www.ahf.co.uk/.../

A few words of wisdom....be sure to talk to your vet to keep all of the pets in your home protected from fleas and prevent future issues.

Be careful with bites you get to keep them clean and dry to prevent infection. Talk to your doctor about using over the counter antibiotic ointment on fresh bites.

Make plans to treat all pets as well as your yard (if you have a yard). Assemble all of the products you plan to use before you start so it will be a smooth operation.

• Vacuum thoroughly - any rugs and use crevice tool on all upholstered furniture. Wash anything that is washable but most sofas do not have washable pillows. Seal vacuum bag immediately and freeze if possible - or double bag and take to outside trash/garbage.
  • Ad

• Sprinkle the weapon of choice - salt, 20 Mule Team Borax, diatomaceous earth (DE) Food grade ONLY, boiled lemon water in spray bottle or any other solution you may wish to try.
  • Start with only one solution and see if it works before going to the next. Anything placed on rugs and furniture should remain for about 3-4 days before vacuuming.
  • Anything you use should be redone in 7-10 days just for good measure in case you missed a few or hidden eggs hatched.
  • Different people swear that by using anyone of the mentioned solutions you will rid your house of fleas in a few days/weeks. This can only happen if you treat all pets and outside area.
  • Every solution mentioned is very easy to apply but some should be used with a mask if possible as breathing a lot of dust is not recommended.
  • homeguides.sfgate.com/borax-salt-mixture-kill-fleas-91110...
  • Ad

• www.wikihow.com/Kill-Fleas-in-a-Home
  • www.fleabites.net/.../

A spray bottle w/water and several drops of lemon essential oil helps a lot. After you've done all the vacuuming (get that vacuum bag or the contents of the vacuum container outside ASAP afterward even if not full!) and laundry, spritz under and all over the furniture in question, even the carpet (test hidden patches for discoloration first), or just plain do the whole room. It helps keep the flea count down once you've done a primary eradication, and your room smells great. I used this successfully during a horrible summer for fleas when even our indoor cat kept being infested. (Note: Blue Dawn dishwashing soap is a cat-safe, thrifty option for flea bath for a cat.)

What kills fleas on furniture?

By Dora from TN

Answers:

Killing Fleas on Furniture

Tons of salt under the furniture covers, leave it on for a day or two and then vacuum or you could go the original route and flea/tick spray, but salt kills them. I sprinkle tons of it under my top sheet all on the floor and on all the furniture. Borax works too, but salt is cheaper.

Not sure why it works, but it does. Keep your trash sprayed with flea spray if you empty the vacuum contents into the trash to kill the fleas. Frontline is great for the animals. The spray is much more economical at 1800petmeds. You spray it on them monthly or when they need it.

Good luck:)

(06/24/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Killing Fleas on Furniture

I am assuming the fleas are coming from a pet. If the pet is treated with a monthly flea guard such as Advantage or any other from a vet, the fleas will get out of the entire home, including the furniture. Otherwise you'll just be fighting them endlessly forever. They reproduce daily by the millions and new eggs hatch every three days. So anything you treat on Monday, you have to treat again on Thursday, etc, etc. So first of all get the pet treated, then vacuum a lot! and you can also spray a solution of water and Skin So Soft around the house after the pet is treated. Good luck. I've dealt with this many times and never again will my pets go without year round flea treatment. (06/24/2009)

By Susan

Killing Fleas on Furniture

Go to www.totalpetsupply and click on any product you prefer. I don't know if you have a dog or cat; order specifically for the type of pet you have. (This site is more economical for the product I use than Petmed). Treat your pet! Also, scatter Diatomite (also known as Celatom) around your yard. Get this product from your local pool supply store for around $13.00. The consistency is like corn starch. Put a TBLS or so on a spot on your floor and vacuum it into your vacuum cleaner bag to kill any fleas you vacuum. Salt under couch cushions, etc. if you don't want to use and indoor bug killer (for breathing problems, reactions to coming into contact with insecticides, etc., but you can purchase indoor products you know. Your choice.)

Just do your house, your pet and your yard all on the same day. Do your house and your yard again in 3-4 days. See how things are progressing in 2 weeks. Assess every 3-4 days until you see good results. Only treat your pet once a month and don't use other products on your pet during the month.

The monthly treatment will work in 24 hrs with dead fleas. You may want to buy one vial from your vet until your ordered product has time to arrive from shipping site. My product arrives in less that 15 days, so my first vial came from my local vet. You should be able to buy one, not the pkg of three or six, but even if you have to buy 3 at least you can start your battle against fleas before 15 days. You really need to do your pet, your house, and your yard all on one day. Then your pet every month.

Summer is awful for fleas; get started ASAP and be consistent with that Diatomite and salt or indoor insect killer every 3-4 days if you really want to win this battle. Good luck. E-mail me if you need to; I have a contact site on this website. (06/24/2009)

By Lynda

Killing Fleas on Furniture

Plain ole rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle! Kills on contact. (06/25/2009)

By Michelle Landreth

Killing Fleas on Furniture

Just use Sevin dust. Buy it at a home improvement/garden store. Just very lightly dust it. It doesn't take much and it won't harm you or your furnishings, carpet, etc. You can put it in the bed, in carpet, on pets, on pets bedding, sprinkle on ground, throughout house. (If used outside, after it rains you will have to reapply periodically.) Works like a charm. If you want to find out if you got them all, put a plate of water with a tealight in center (lit) and turn off lights to room. The fleas will go to the light and drown. Lets you know the degree of success you are having. (06/25/2009)

By Hazel Bullock