Kitchen Countertop and Backsplash Color Advice

I have a yellow kitchen with oak cabinets, wood floors and trim. I recently purchased stainless steel appliances and am now hoping to get new countertops and backsplash. What shade of countertops and back splash should I be looking at? The lighting in my kitchen is a Tiffany style ( not Tiffany brand.. ;0) ) lighting with pieces of colored glass, such as reds, blues, greens, and yellow. I like the idea of a glass tile backsplash or the tin. The countertop shade also has me stumped. Help?

By Josie W.

I am a little confused as to why you purchased stainless appliances with the style of kitchen you have. If you could give your thinking it would be easier to see what you hoped to accomplish decor wise. They seem a bit conflicted. What color are your counters now? Maybe you need to change the color of your walls instead, perhaps even with a wall paper style that would tie all this together.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenApril 18, 2013
🌻
🎂
📓