Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I'm going to be repainting my kitchen soon. My counter tops are a dark blue with white veins, the walls right now are a sky blue, and I have oak cabinets. What color would go good with these counter tops?
Thank you.

I would paint the wall a very pale blue. That blue is a little bit to dark.

i agree re how dark it is

also, you could either keep it blue by using different shades of lighter blue for the walls/cabinets

or you could mix it up and have a nice light yellow and maybe a pink or salmon colour

Light blue sounds like a good choice. Try picking up some paint chips at Lowe's or Home Depot and place 2 or 3 on top of your back splash to see the difference. Just a hint of blue in the paint and the wall will pick up more color from your dark counter top (which is very unusual but looks nice).

You might want to change the electrical socket to white or even paint the outer piece to match the wall.

A robin's egg blue would be lovely.

There is too much blue, go more on the line of the cabinets, a cream color or pale beige.

I would like a light cream / off white for a pop in the kitchen or a light yellow. Our kitchen is blue & yellow.

White will actually make it look quite royal (I blocked the middle and left side of your photo to use that white bit as a guide) -- it will look lush!

I would go with antique white or light cream color in a washable type paint. White would make your kitchen look larger and open up the space under the cabinets.

I personally think there is way too much blue. I would go with an antique white or a very light brown - sort of cream color. I personally would not go with a yellow color.