Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I am trying to update my small kitchen. I might try to redo the counter tops later, but mainly have no clue what colors would go well with the cabinets and how it's not too big of a kitchen. I was thinking of going with Sherwin Williams rain color, but would a flat color look OK? Any suggestions what would look good in the small kitchen eating space?

Light colors look best in a small kitchen. You may use any color you wish with your decor. A flat paint is fine.

Light colors do tend to make a space look larger. However, you're not limited to light colors only when your trying to create visual spaciousness. Bright colors are very complementary to dark cabinets and can make your kitchen look larger. I suggest you browse some home décor sites to how well bright colors look with dark cabinets.

Check out small kitchens and paint colors on Pinterest! They have professionals and everyday people designs.Painting is an instant change to your space,Good luck on your venture!

Does Sherwin Williams still sell those little tester cans? I found that quite helpful. The little chips just didn't give me a feel for how it would look at different times of day, but the tester cans allowed us to paint squares in different spaces and look at them in different light (morning, afternoon, evening, etc.)

I googled the Rain line and they are lovely blues! I am always partial to blues.

I think a light blue with white trim would look great with your cabinets and counter. We used flat paint on the walls and gloss on the trim and baseboards and it really popped (we have a cobalt blue floor so we selected a very pale, butter yellow and the white trim).

Post back with what you decide and happy painting!! It is amazing how fast a room is refreshed with new paint!

If you're game, with those cabinets I would go for an off-white background with medium brown sponge painted all-over blotches.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceAugust 6, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓