Lid Stuck in Glass?

This green lid from a jug of orange juice fell into the cup with the orange juice in it. Somehow it landed perfectly to lodge in there and will not budge. When I tipped it upside down not a drop drips out. I broke another glass try to sit it upside down in the glass to see if gravity would eventually take over and drop the lid and juice into the glass. But all it did was cause difficulty separating it from the glass and it cracked. Anyone have any ideas? Typically I would just toss it to avoid the hassle, but my mom bought me these glasses before she passed away, so it's sentimental to me.

On YouTube it was shown to use slit match to get the cork out of a wine bottle. Try that. Just use match on the lower part that is in cup. A little heat, I wouldn't hold it real long or the glasses might crack.

You could use wall putty(used for hanging pictures, scotch makes it)!

One time this happened to me and I ended up putting the glass in the freezer to freeze the lid. When the lid was cold and frozen it shrunk just enough for me to get a small knife down the side of the glass and pop the lid out. Try this one.

Try filling the glass with water. The lid should float up.

set your glass in real hot water. then set ice cubes on the lid it will shrink with the cold and the glass will expand with the heat so be ready to pick it out so it doesn't slip down lower

Put soapy water into the glass to see if you can slip it out. If that doesn't work pour out the soapy water and drizzle oil around the rim of the lid and let it sit for a while.

Gently tap the glass to let the oil get down. It should turn the lid sideways so you can reach in and pluck it out.

Definitely just submerge it in water. It will force shift its way out

Usually just forcing the glass down under water will break it loose but I have also poured dish soap around the edge of the lid in the glass - waited a few minutes and lightly tapped one side of the lid with the handle of a table knife.

You can drill a hole in the lid that is big enough to get some sort of hook...like a big crochet hook, down into the lid and then pull lid out. If really stuck, try pouring some cooking oil around the edge of lid, then try the hook again. If still not working, drill multiple holes close together in a line across the lid and try to break it apart.

If still not working, drill a line of holes close together at 90 degrees to the first holes. If the holes are close enough together, you will eventually be able to break the lid into pieces to remove.
Good luck and report back here.

Home and Garden Repair Other DishesApril 6, 2020
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lid-Stuck-in-Glass.html