Make a Cute Fox from Shells
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 19, 2019
This is a fun little fox project using scallop and mussel shells, paint, and glue. I keep all the shells from my meals (and trips to the beach) just to make these little animals. They make great little gifts!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 fox
- 1 scallop shell
- 2 mussel shells
- acrylic paint (orange, black, white)
- hot glue gun with glue
- Paint the main part of the scallop shell and the pointed halves of the mussel shells orange. Allow to dry.
- Place a glob of hot glue on the unpainted part of a mussel shell.
- Quickly affix to the top inside of the scallop shell. Repeat on the other side.
- Use black paint to add eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Allow to dry.
- With the white paint, add some sparkle to the eyes. I like two dots on each eye.
- Add some fur to the centers of the ears, on top of the nose, and around the mouth.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.