Make a Cute Fox from Shells
This is a fun little fox project using scallop and mussel shells, paint, and glue. I keep all the shells from my meals (and trips to the beach) just to make these little animals. They make great little gifts!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 fox
- 1 scallop shell
- 2 mussel shells
- acrylic paint (orange, black, white)
- hot glue gun with glue
- Paint the main part of the scallop shell and the pointed halves of the mussel shells orange. Allow to dry.
- Place a glob of hot glue on the unpainted part of a mussel shell.
- Quickly affix to the top inside of the scallop shell. Repeat on the other side.
- Use black paint to add eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Allow to dry.
- With the white paint, add some sparkle to the eyes. I like two dots on each eye.
- Add some fur to the centers of the ears, on top of the nose, and around the mouth.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!