Making Juice With Frozen Tomatoes

Category Beverages
Here is a recipe for making juice from some of those frozen tomatoes from your garden. This is a guide about making juice with frozen tomatoes.

I have a lot of tomatoes that were given to me that I do not have time to take care of right now. Can I freeze them and at a later time juice them and can tomato juice?

Answers

Best Answer

Place your whole tomatoes in a freezer bag. You don't need to boil or peel them first.

Keep frozen for up to 6 months.

Thaw whole tomatoes for 30 minutes at room temperature.

How can I make tomato juice out of frozen whole tomatoes with skins on?

By Miriam W.

Answers

Best Answer

Let the tomatoes thaw enough to pull the skins off. They will slide off with little trouble. Cut the tomatoes into chunks. Hold them over a pot as you cut them so you don't lose any of the juice. Place the pot on medium heat and bring them to a boil. do not add any water.

Reduce to simmer, and let them cook for about 20 minutes. stirring frequently. You can break them up more with a potato masher. Remove from the heat and let cool. Push them through a colander to extract the juice. Get as much of the pulp into the juice as you can. Add salt to taste, about 3/4 t. per 4 cups of juice. Store in the refrigerator.