Making a Traveling Activity Kit for Kids

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

For car trips with kids, I make a "no boredom bag". It can be a backpack, or any bag, but ones with pockets are good. It depends on what age as to what you put in it, but I usually put the following for my 9 year old :4-5 coloring/activity books, a book to read, a small pack of crayons, a small pack of markers, a small magnadoodle, various snacks, a spillproof cup, wet wipes, some car games, and an mp3 player. Most of it can be bought at the dollar store, and can be mixed and matched according to the child's preferences and ages, and it solves the "are we there yet?" and "I'm so bored!" comments.

By Melissa from Idaho

3 More Solutions

Sometime before the trip, without letting your kids know, pack a small bag or sack with all kinds of "fun" things, whatever you can find that will keep them busy and that won't be really messy.

When you get tired of hearing "how far is it now" pull this kit out to entertain them for a while longer. You can personalize it to suit your children or grandchildren.

Travel Activity Kit Lid

This kit can be customized for each family and each kid. If you have multiple kids, I would make each one their own.

Kids Kar Kit - closed filled Kar Kit

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 19, 2014
🐛
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Traveling-Activity-Kit-for-Kids.html