Making a Vintage Tool Box Display

Category Decor
While you may not have the same vintage piece to recreate this project, perhaps it can inspire you to assemble similar creative displays. Take a look at a project for making a vintage tool box and then design your own display.

This tool box belonged to my grandfather. I decided to make it into a display for my living room.

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: 1

Source: google decorating bottles to get ideas

• 1 black spray paint
  • 1 white craft paint
  • 1 thin wood
  • 6 old bottles
  • craft misc., buttons, flowers, etc.
  • 1 wood block
  • vintage items to display
  • 1 old tool chest

1. I cleaned it and then painted the inside with silver spray paint, leaving some parts of the original exposed to keep the antique/vintage look.
  2. I mounted a few of my grandfather's old tools on the lid.
  3. Advertisement

4. I found a "Love" sign at Walgreen's from the Valentine's Day clearance and a vase from Goodwill and flowers from and Dollar Tree $4).
  5. I spray painted various bottles (some I had and some were glass soda bottles) and decorated each one with odds and ends of crafts items I had on hand.
  6. My husband cut the wood letters and I painted them white.
  7. Then I mod podged vintage catalog paper (or scrapbook paper could be used) on a block of wood with routed holes in the wood to hold the bottles in place.
  8. Here it is on display against a photo wall.
Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorNovember 19, 2019
🎄
🍂