Making a Vintage Tool Box Display
September 5, 2019
This tool box belonged to my grandfather. I decided to make it into a display for my living room.
Total Time: 3 hours
Source: google decorating bottles to get ideas
- 1 black spray paint
- 1 white craft paint
- 1 thin wood
- 6 old bottles
- craft misc., buttons, flowers, etc.
- 1 wood block
- vintage items to display
- 1 old tool chest
- I cleaned it and then painted the inside with silver spray paint, leaving some parts of the original exposed to keep the antique/vintage look.
- I mounted a few of my grandfather's old tools on the lid.
- I found a "Love" sign at Walgreen's from the Valentine's Day clearance and a vase from Goodwill and flowers from and Dollar Tree $4).
- I spray painted various bottles (some I had and some were glass soda bottles) and decorated each one with odds and ends of crafts items I had on hand.
- My husband cut the wood letters and I painted them white.
- Then I mod podged vintage catalog paper (or scrapbook paper could be used) on a block of wood with routed holes in the wood to hold the bottles in place.
- Here it is on display against a photo wall.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.