DecorRecycled Crafts

Vintage Tool Box Display

This tool box belonged to my grandfather. I decided to make it into a display for my living room.

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: 1

Source: google decorating bottles to get ideas

1. I cleaned it and then painted the inside with silver spray paint, leaving some parts of the original exposed to keep the antique/vintage look.
  2. I mounted a few of my grandfather's old tools on the lid.
  3. I found a "Love" sign at Walgreen's from the Valentine's Day clearance and a vase from Goodwill and flowers from and Dollar Tree $4).
  4. I spray painted various bottles (some I had and some were glass soda bottles) and decorated each one with odds and ends of crafts items I had on hand.
  5. My husband cut the wood letters and I painted them white.
  6. Ad

7. Then I mod podged vintage catalog paper (or scrapbook paper could be used) on a block of wood with routed holes in the wood to hold the bottles in place.
  8. Here it is on display against a photo wall.

Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorSeptember 5, 2019
🌻
🎂
📓