Male Cat Allows Kittens to Nurse on Him

I have had my male cat for eight years and every kitten that I bring into the house even though their mother is nursing them they go to him and attempt to suckle. He doesnt try to stop it. I now have five-month-old kittens that are still nursing off their mother And he will let those kittens nurse off of him.

It is not unheard of. I would let it be.

My male Maine Coon nuzzled his sister when he was young but he outgrew it. To my thinking it's no different than a young child nuzzling his pacifier.

As long as everyone is ok with it, it doesn't hurts anything. The one thing is just to make sure he doesn't get any sores, bites or scratches. If you see any, just talk to your vet about ways to stop the behavior so he can heal, and watch for infection. Otherwise, let it go. It is a sweet thing!!

This isn't a problem and it can be natural for a small cat to want to cuddle or attempt to nurse off another cat in the home. I don't find anything strange about this and your male cat must love it otherwise he would let the babies know he didn't by hissing at them or trying to swat them away.

If it bothers YOU then stop it, otherwise just leave it alone, there is nothing wrong with a kitten wanting to suck a male.

It's ok, it's just cats being affectionate. Animals do weird things.

This is called comfort nursing. It is very common and harmless.

Many older male cats really take to their Grandpa role and thoroughly enjoy kittens.

This is really no different than an animal that tries to "nurse" or suckle your hand and they do this a lot.

I agree - if this does not bother you then I would let it be. If anyone happens to say something about this going on then just let them know your male cat just wants to be part of the family and he likes the loving kittens.

If it bothers you then you can use some bitter lemon and to keep the kittens from nursing.