Clothing WashersAppliances

Maytag Maxim Front Load Washer Door Won't Open

I noticed that my Maytag Maxim front load washer was flashing "Door Lock" and error code F6E1 (I think) along with annoying chimes or buzzing. It stopped right after it dispensed the detergent and I've tried all of the not so helpful repair advise on the Maytag website and I still can't get it unlocked.

Plug the washer in and give it 30 minutes. Here is mwww.justanswer.com/.../am4lj-maytag-maxima-front-load-washer... information

I did that and it still wouldn't unlock. Thanks for trying.

Hi...having just gone through a giant washer machine kerfuffle and had to get a new machine (not an expense I needed at the moment) I respectively suggest that you call a certified repair person and have them check it out.

Washers are expensive puppies and playing doctor on them often leads to MUCH more expensive fixes than the original issue. Oh can I tell you stories about this situation :(

To me it is pennywise to spend the repair cost vs. a huge bill or worse, full replacement by being pound foolish! This is just me! I hope you can get it unlocked quickly!

I do not believe this is something you can repair yourself as you may need a new part.

• I do not know how old your machine is or where you purchased it but having that information you should decide what steps to take next.
  • Sears is a big seller of Maytag appliances and they have qualified service technicians that can go to your house and if they already know what your problem is they should have a correct part in their truck and the repair will be quick (but costly).
  • If you do not have another service place in mind you can contact them through this link and ask your question before you decide what to do about service.
  • Ad

• www.searspartsdirect.com/.../maytag-maxima-front-load-washer-error...