Microwave Corn on the Cob for One

Vote for this contender! (1 votes)
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 418 Posts

Microwave Corn on the Cob for OneI'm from the old school and covering corn with water and boiling it was my method for cooking corn on the cob until I learned that I can cook it in the crockpot. I haven't boiled corn on the cob since.

Our daughter purchased 8 ears of fresh corn for me to cook for dinner. I can't get but 6 ears in my crockpot, which left me with two extra ears. For my lunch, I decided to try cooking one in the microwave.

After shucking, removing the silks and rinsing it off, I wrapped the piece of corn in a wet paper towel and microwaved it for 5 minutes. It was too hot to handle so I let it sit in the microwave for a minute before removing it and adding butter, salt and pepper. It was so good, I wanted more so I cooked the other ear. To me, that was a delightful lunch.

Microwave Corn on the Cob for One

Microwave Corn on the Cob for One

Microwave Corn on the Cob for One

Microwave Corn on the Cob for One

Bronze Feedback Medal for 2021. 15 Feedbacks

I've been widowed for 17 years, and I've cooked my corn on the cob in the microwave for more than 12 years. Instead of wrapping in a wet paper towel, I put my corn in a covered casserole dish with just a bit of water, and nuke it for 2 1/2 minutes, then let it sit in the microwave an additional minute.....

perfect every time. I know....your method means no dirty dish. No matter how corn is cooked, you can't beat a fresh ear !!!!!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Microwave CookingJune 1, 2021
🎆
👔
🌻
Generated 2021-06-16 11:44:15 in 724 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Microwave-Corn-on-the-Cob-for-One.html