Mixing Different Window Treatments in Same Room?

Can I have wood blinds on 3 windows in the same room with white pleated sheers on a sliding glass patio door? The blinds are definitely wood so they are brown. If not, then the sheers will go because I love the functionally of the blinds. That being the case I don't know what to put on that sliding glass door. Also I don't intend to put curtains over the blinds in order to tie to two together. Thanks

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

Lose the sheers.

I think you can make just about anything work if you want it to. However, these two types are quite different. Do you need anything over the patio doors? Maybe just leave them uncovered if you don't need the privacy or light filtering function. Otherwise, perhaps you might want to think about a vertical blind in a brownish/tan fabric to match the wood color, sort of, or a fabric color that matches the wall color, so the blinds kind of make the window disappear when they are pulled.

If you like the sheers, maybe you could use a swag or something over the other windows, to give the room a sort of open, airy, beach house sort of feel.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsAugust 25, 2013
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mixing-Different-Window-Treatments-in-Same-Room.html