Murray Riding Lawnmower Won't Start

We have a Murray 14.2 HP 42 in. riding mower. It has run quite well for two years.
While cutting today I stopped to move debris, putting the mower in Neutral but inadvertently not disengaging the cutting blades so when I stepped off, the mower shut down like it's supposed to do. The problem is, now it will not start/won't turn over. I just hear a tiny click when the key is turned to start. Is there a "Kill" switch that has to be released or some other problem? Many thanks.

Dave

Answers:

Murray Riding Lawnmower Won't Turn Over

Mine does the same thing. I have learned it's the battery. Take the old battery to WalMart as core & get a new one. Take it home & put it back, keep your warranty information for future needs. You'll be surprised. Like I said my mower does the same thing, don't bother charging, it only costs about $25 for a new one. (09/04/2008)

By Piwacket

Murray Riding Lawnmower Won't Turn Over

My hubby had the same problems, it was the battery also. At times it still won't start good if he gets off to move anything, so he tied the seat down using bungee cords, and no more problems. (09/05/2008)

By busybeaver87