My Dog Won't Eat Her Food

My Black Lab won't eat her food anymore. All she wants is her treats and she is starting to lose weight. What should I do?

Best Answer

Have her checked out by your vet. There is most likely something going on that needs a Vets' attention. Don't wait.

Unfortunately, they put a lot of terrible things in dog food and she probably smells it. I'd try another good quality brand of dog food one that doesn't have corn, meat by products, etc. She likes the treats because the dog food industry puts a lot of sugar in it. If you take your dog to the vets DON'T buy any special food from them. It's expensive & your dog probably won't eat it. Search the web for more info as to what goes into the dog food.

When all else fails buy cheap chicken, brown rice and veggies and make your own.