Need Help With Plumbing Repair

I am a single mother of two and have a bad sewage leak under my house in need of repair. There is a lot of water under my house that is on the ground. It has caused my floors to rot out that are now caving in in two bedrooms and the kitchen.

It also has allowed mosquitos to breed under my house. They come inside and are biting my family. I am in desperate need of some help for my home and my family. Is there anyone that can help me?

By Michelle W. from Port Allen, LA

Best Answer

It seems you may be asking for financial "help" from Thrifty community members so undoubtedly you do not realize that most of us are just trying to make ends meet and save a little for repairs when the time comes.

The first question - do you own the house?
If so you can go to all the usual places (mentioned before) and apply for assistance but most likely - if the house is in this much disrepair - you will be informed to find another place to live as you are placing yourself and your children in danger by living under these conditions.

I do not believe you will find anyone that will do this much repair so maybe you should just be asking for housing assistance.

My name is Martin Chalmers I'm 75years old I have an under ground water and sewer line busted that needs repair I can't afford to pay for it alone I'm on SSI living off an low income check each month it's gone when I pay bills help me please

The fact that you are a single mother has nothing to do with your need for help. I feel you threw that in for sympathy. Talk to the Department of Social Services and the County Welfare Office in your area and see if they know of any resources. Also, IF you have a pastor talk to her/him.

Sometimes they will take up a special offering to help a needy member of the congregation. There might even be members of the congregation that can do the repairs and/or donate whatever supplies are needed. Repairs have to be made as soon as they are noticed and before they get really bad.

Yes it totally had to do with her need for help. Single parent households are very much harder to keep together. It is so hard for a single parent to find time and funds to get problems fixed in the home. You could have left out the first few sentences in your response. Shame on you.

Just like the ones that say they are seniors. It's their current status. Just like the single mothers current status.

This federal site may help:

answers.usa.gov//#!portal/1012/article/2719/Housing-Help-Home-RepairsModifications