Plumbing Repair Help for Low Income Person?

My bathroom shower control for the hot and cold water needs to be replaced. I am disabled and on a very limited income. Is there any assistance out there I can get?


Thank you.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

February 25, 20182 found this helpful
Best Answer

This type of repair will usually get better results if you try local places, especially places near your residence.

  • You should try asking for help at a near by church as they will many times have someone that could help you do the installation but you may have to buy the item yourself.
  • Churches will usually try to help someone even if they are not a member of their church.
  • You will probably find that going through a large organization like HUD and other government agencies will be a big problem as there are strict qualifying procedures and investigations as well as a problem with so many requests for assistance.
  • Advertisement

  • Even if you were to qualify you would be placed on a list that may take several months to reach your spot.
  • If you are a senior or a vet you may be able to contact one of these agencies in your area and they may help you find help.
  • You say you are disabled and if you are receiving any type of government assistance then that agency may have a list of places for you to contact.
  • If there is a Habitat for Humanity office in your area it is possible they would be able to help you.
  • You can find and contact one of their offices through their web site.
Reply Was this helpful? 2
April 11, 20180 found this helpful

I am a disabled senior under my kitchen sink is leaking so bad the water has gotten under the floor tile. I need the garbage disposal taken out and replaced with sink drain! Please someone help. I'm in Royal Palm Beach FL. 33411

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 19, 20180 found this helpful

I am having problems with the leakage under modular modular trailer my kitchen sink and also my park had to turn off my water in my back bathroom because one of the pmall one of the pipes were leaking in the wall and now I only have hot water in my front bathroom in the tub and nowhere else and the trailer I've asked DUS to help me and they said I already hit my limit on there help for my trailer I would really appreciate if I can get so help here or do o you know where I can get help.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
February 25, 20180 found this helpful

You could contact, Habitat for Humanity, or a local church.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
February 26, 20180 found this helpful
  • Contact a HUD approved agency in your area.
  • Contact organizations in your area.



Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


In This Page
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingFebruary 24, 2018
New Years Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-12-26 00:02:44 in 4 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.