New and Existing Electrical Outlets Not Working?

I am praying someone can help. I just changed out 4 outlets and a switch for cosmetic reasons in a bedroom. When I turned the power back on, 3 of the outlets and the switch worked, but 1 new outlet and all outlets in the next room (that were not touched) no longer work. I have replaced the outlet twice and cannot figure out what is going on. Please help!

This sounds like an older wiring system called a continuous loop. You have broken the loop. Go to the wall plug just before the one that isn't working. Check your connections and make sure the wires are secure and one hasn't come loose. In a continuous loop the wires for the next outlet will attach to this outlet. You have a short or a wire not making contact.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalAugust 30, 2017
🎂
😷
🎃
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/New-and-Existing-Electrical-Outlets-Not-Working.html