Older Cat Won't Pee in Litter Box

My older cat uses her cat box to poop, but when it comes to peeing she has been peeing all over the house. I bought puppy pees pads and she is using them. I just don't know what to do.

By Christy

That is the classic sign of a bladder infection in cats. Be sure and get her to the Vet to be checked. The infections are quite painful, so dont wait.

1. Change the kind of litter. 2. Add another litter box 3. Take her to vet to make sure she is ok. 4. Scrub the box you have with basic cleanser and hot soapy water. even if you cant smell it, she can ( been there, done that, made the changes). Normally it's the simple things that make the difference and solve the problem. :)

Our daughter had a cat that started doing that and it was a bladder or kidney infection. I think it would be wise to have that checked.

lifn2ndgear, that's a beautiful cat. Love the heart shaped black spot.

Pets CatsAugust 29, 2012
🍂
🎄