Organizations That Help Disabled Seniors Get Furniture?

We have a near and dear friend who had become disabled. She worked as long as she could, but her conditions (multiple) worsened through no fault of her own. She is elderly as well, and lives alone. Her things have become old, broken and tattered. We've had to throw out the curtains and sofa and some other things. We can help her with the basic things, however furniture is beyond our means.

We have two disabled children with expensive needs/issues, and one college bound son as well. It breaks my heart we can't do more for this sweet woman. I've looked all over the internet. Even Facebook and Craigslist. Most things I come across are stained and old as well. She deserves better than that. Isn't there any better resources for these people? Salvation Army, Goodwill, and asking your church are pretty shotty choices. (You don't have to belong to a church to be a good person and they really should focus on making their schools affordable for everyone rather than giving handouts to everyone that claims to be a good Christian.) Surely there must be something out there that provides nice furniture for disabled and or needy people? It's America for God sakes where people take multiple luxury non-necessity vaca's a year, and waste money like it's water. Does anyone know of a foundation or group that helps these people with hygienic, quality items?

Best Answer

Try Freecycle, letgo and offerup. You can also go to estate sales at the end and get things free or nearly free.

GoFundMe is a website that can help monetary-wise and your friend can buy furniture and other needs long gone from wear. I've contributed to folk's causes at times. You can be an anonymous giver too and any amount will be appreciated to help another and then watch their fund grow if you like.

Where are you located? Most cities have reputable services that do not provide dirty or shoddy items, but you have to know they are out there.

Can you list her disabilities also? I ask because some of the national organisations offer services that help. Like I know that in many cities the MS Society offers real and decent help for people with MS and the American Cancer Society also has some good resources.

Post back with more info and maybe I can guide you in the right directions.

You have such a kind heart and full plate! I hope I can offer more! Prayers and blessings!

Better Living CharityNovember 1, 2019
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
Generated 2020-07-18 21:39:34 in 969 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizations-That-Help-Disabled-Seniors-Get-Furniture.html