Organizing Plastic Container

I have too many plastic containers and a very small cupboard. Every time I organize it, it still ends up in a mess. I need advice on what to do.

By Mariya

I've got the same problem. I always stack them inside each other. Make a few different stacks, largest on the bottom.
Put a box in beside them and stack the lids together on their ends.

If you still have a space problem, try separating the containers you use the most, keep those in your kitchen cupboard, and store the rest in another storage location.

I buy my soup container (1 cup) at a cash and carry shop. I get 50 for 4.18 and the lids for 2.86. They stack well, are see through, and come in a tube I can hang from inside a broom closet or store under the bed. They can be used for so many other things, and when something is all the same size, it makes it much easier.

If this isn't a good idea, then find some pretty crates or baskets from thrift stores or the dollar stores. If you have cupboards with tops (not all the way to the ceiling), you can set the ones you don't use much up there. I would put them in bags so they stay clean, and with the grabbers you can easily get them down without a step stool.

I hope these help.
PBP

I use plastic large shoebox type containers in my pantry to store my containers. One holds all square containers and lids, the other holds rectangular storage pieces and lids, and the last holds round storage containers and lids. I also have a large shelf that has a large plastic container that has large odd pieces of plastic storage containers.

If anyone wants to see how I have mine. The containers are stacked, whatever will go into anything else. The large lids have their own basket and the small lids have their basket.

If you find you're using the same ones over and over, you have too many. Weed out the ones you never seem to use.