Plastic Lid Storage Dilemma

I have a very small kitchen about 5x6. I have absolutely no place to put my plastic lids. I don't have room for a file cabinet; I barely have room to walk around. Please help me with any suggestions you might have.

Thank you.

By Jill from Sioux City, IA

You can find tiered hanging fruit basket for cheap at most places and it can be hung out of the way, maybe in a corner. You could line the tiers with fabric scraps or ribbons or artificial flowers etc if you dont like the look of the just the lids in the basket. I used to use one in my bathroom for towels and sundries.

I found this cool idea! The pic tells the story!

I like those cute little napkin holders you can buy or you can cover a cereal box with pretty paper, or contact paper and cut it in half and then use that, or you could get a cute basket at the thrift shop.

It kind of depends on how many you have.

Blessings, Robyn

Another solution is bagging them. And hanging up the bag inside a cabinet door or ?. Not really easy to access, but it can work.

I use a basket to keep all tops in. You can leave on the counter put it in a cabinet or even hang from the bottom of your cabinet if it has a handle.

Here's an idea that might work: Get some of the tacky rubber stuff for hanging things up (one brand name is FunTack) and put a small ball on each lid & stick it to the inside of a cabinet door. When you use the lid, leave the ball of tacky rubber on the door for when you store the lid again.

I have all kinds of things stuck on the backs of my cabinet doors with either FunTack or magnets - such as small juice powder packets, sweetener packets, charts of substitutions, a chart of pan sizes and how much they hold, directions for cooking rice and pastas, etc. This keeps everything handy & easy to find.

I also use some in the bathroom on the back of the medicine cabinet door (for the kind that swings out, not sliders) and linen cupboard, for sample packets of pills, shampoo, a first aid chart, etc.

To me the obvious answer would be to go through all those plastic containers, find the ones that will stack together, stack them and put them away then ditch the others. Goodwill will be happy to get them. I store the lids stacked under the containers. I have had to find a very conservative way to store things since I have been living in a small space - 12' x 60' - for the last 25 years. I learned long ago that there is a lot of stuff that I don't really need to keep!

Organizing KitchenFebruary 6, 2012
📓
🎂
🌻