Over the Range Microwave Won't Run

My over-the-range microwave doesn't work. When opening the door, the light is not on, but I could enter the cooking time; then when clicking the Start button, the message just appears "Open ... Close", is there an easy fix or should I ask a certified technician to take a look?

In this case it may be the circuit board. But first, try holding the off/clear button on the keypad for 5 seconds for a soft reset.

Microwaves are not easy to fix. Most people find that it is cheaper to buy a new one (even used) than to pay someone to fix it.

You could always call the manufacturer hotline and get their expert opinion. They can tell you if it is still under warranty or if there was a recall on it...which could get you a free fix.

I make these calls frequently and have yet to be disappointed in the assistance. Good luck!